Did you know that you can utilize your Retirement Account to capitalize your business PENALTY FREE and
Do you have any retirement funds that are NOT with your current employer (such as 401k or IRA funds)?
Do you have at least 35k in those accounts - minimum dollar amount required for a rollover
Money can be from multiple sources (i.e. one 401k and two IRA’s)
• Examples of qualified types of money are:
401k, IRA, 403b, 457, SEP, Pension Plans, Thirft Savings Plan (TSP - Military), Annuities, KEOGHS
• The 401k/IRA funds cannot be with a current employer, they must be from a previous employer or they
must plan to leave their job.
Is it a standard IRA (or traditional IRA)? - those are ok. It can’t be a Roth IRA or an inherited IRA.
If their spouse or a business partner has retirement funds (not tied to an employer).
• This is not a loan.
• This is not a distribution.
• They can use the money for ANY business expense AND to pay themselves or their employees a salary.
• If they need a SBA loan, they can use the funds from the rollover as the cash injection the bank requires.
• The funding method is called a ROBS Plan (Rollover as a Business Start Up), also known as a Self Directed
401k. This funding structure originated in 1974.
• We partner with a company that helps ALL our clients that are interested in exploring this type of